Specialist (GP or Therapist)

Specialist (GP or Therapist)

If the family option doesn’t work, or if you’re unfortunate enough to not have a family option at all, and all the other methods on this website didn’t or doesn’t at all work for you, then the only option left for you is to seek a professional. Your GP should be your first port of call; they will either give you methods which you could use to help yourself cope with stress or, if those methods don’t work down the line or didn’t work the first time round, send you to a therapist.

There will be a high chance your therapist will put you on a CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) program; this is basically a special which helps you manage problems, such as stress and depression or anxiety, by changing how you think and behave. Now, don’t worry, that doesn’t mean they’ll stick a load of devices on you and completely change who you are! Basically, you will tell what your problems are with the therapist and they will analyze them with you; they will then break those problems down into areas and will get you to work out how to change any unhelpful thoughts and/or behaviors in 30-60 minute long sessions which happen once every week or two.

It may sound scary, but if non of the other methods I’ve described, or any of your own haven’t worked, then I’m afraid CBT will be the next thing to try and help you overcome your stress levels. But don’t worry; once you’re feeling much better, you will be able to work and live your life far more easier than before.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *